In general, when I am witness to a truly spellbinding and virtuosic musical performance, I walk away either feeling extremely motivated to go home and practice so that I may one day be that good… or I leave with my self-confidence completely shattered. Last night was the latter, as I saw an utterly incredible show by Brown Bird.
That’s a ridiculously talented duo right there, each of them with endless musical chops - but it was David Lamb in particular who reached into my soul, grabbed my feeble ball of talent, and crushed it in his fist, all while simultaneously playing a kick drum with his right foot and a tambourine and cowbell with his left, intricately picking and strumming a [gorgeous vintage Gibson ES-125T] guitar with his hands, and singing beautiful and caustic melodies about the perpetuity of work and the inevitability of the end of the world.
Do yourselves a favor and don’t miss an opportunity to see them live.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- stereoforbrains likes this
- ashleychasse likes this
- felistella likes this
- hellonurse said: I love them!
- hellonurse likes this
- lindstifa likes this
- dwineman said: Thanks for this recommendation. Just bought the album.
- escapereality said: One time ohheyps were horsing around and we broke the neck on my Dad’s Gibson. We were too young at the time to understand what we had done, but it makes me shutter every time I think about it.
- nicky36 likes this
- notactuallyme likes this
- elizabite likes this
- insoucianthinkle likes this
- do-over likes this
- escapereality likes this
- fuiru likes this
- scholvin likes this
- twoyellows likes this
- monkeyfrog said: He sounds like a talented alien.
- monkeyfrog likes this
- steelopus posted this