Alright. This has been bugging me for a few weeks now. Frankly, I don’t use either of these pieces of software so I don’t really have a horse in the race, I’m just extremely confused.
I’m not a programmer/software engineer, but I can’t imagine that the same amount of work went into writing the code for iA Writer than did the code for Pages. I know. I know. It’s not fair to compare them. Oranges and Apples. Different resources, vastly different sales volume & demand, etc. Completely different playing fields.
But seriously? $20 for an app that is basically a scaled down version of TextEdit vs $20 for an app that is a genuinely good word processor and page layout tool? Can anyone explain to me how that makes any sense?
I’m sure the iA Writer people are talented and great at what they do and deserve every penny that they are charging, and I admit, I’m a cheap-ass son of a bitch… but… seriously? $20?
All I’d be able to think about while enjoying it’s distraction-free writing environment is how I just paid $20 for something that does 1/1,000 of an app that comes pre-installed on my system. I’d be so distracted by the $20 hole in my iTunes account that I’d never even get a chance to see that fancy blur-out-your-last-sentence effect.
Anyway. Ignore me. I’m a bang-for-the-buck kind of guy. I just don’t get software pricing.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- bosch-pst-1000-pel reblogged this from mrgan
- aire-acondicionado-mitsubishi reblogged this from mrgan
- le-meilleur-appareil-photo reblogged this from mrgan
- miglior-lavatrice-2012 reblogged this from mrgan
- druckerpatronen-hp-q6000a reblogged this from mrgan
- brother-mfc-235c-patronen reblogged this from mrgan
- canon-pixma-mp550-patronen reblogged this from mrgan
- bester-tablet-pc-2012 reblogged this from mrgan
- hamiltonok4 likes this
- darkuncle likes this
- matthewb likes this
- glovier likes this
- gean likes this
- scott-jackson likes this
- gabrielayuso likes this
- thetylerhayes likes this
- nikfletcher likes this
- nghia likes this
- eieieieieidorian likes this
- meklarian likes this
- merlin likes this
- jaycruz likes this
- lonelysandwich likes this
- sabbatical likes this
- justatheory likes this
- iphone-rants reblogged this from mrgan and added:
- theadventuresofkatemarie likes this
- jstn likes this
- steelopus likes this
- resoulution likes this
- retronator likes this
- imagetic likes this
- terrybain reblogged this from mrgan and added:
- frijole likes this
- politicore likes this
- psql likes this
- jonathanmoore likes this
- themadeshop likes this
- bllsmk likes this
- willw likes this
- steelopus posted this